Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 9, Thing 20

I tried Youtube and Yahoo video first in the afternoon about 4:00 and I had a little trouble with the flow of the videos. I tried again in the morning, about 9:00 and everything flowed very smoothly - no hangups at all. I didn't care much for Yahoo video because I had to actually download the video instead of just point and click, like on Youtube. (Maybe I was too computer illiterate to figure out how it really worked). I think videos on our website introducing patrons to different areas of the library would be a good idea, as long as they would flow smoothly. If we chose a branch or a section of the library to highlight and changed it periodically, it might spark some interest among our patrons, or even make our facilities inviting to patrons who usually only visit us virtually!
Anyway, being a dedicated recycler, myself, I found a very interesting series of library videos about recycling old computers. I think this is a great idea! Try it for yourself and see what you think. There are actually about 8 chapters to this, but here's chapter 1:

No comments: